Thursday 19 April 2012

Peggy Porschen's Scrummy Cakes


Over the past year or so I've developed a bit of a passion for baking and cake decorating and through this I discovered one of my favourite places in London: the Peggy Porschen parlour.

If you haven't heard of Peggy porschen before and you have a sweet tooth or just appreciate amazingly beautiful cakes, her Belgravia parlour would be the first place I'd suggest you visit.

I went with the boyfriend during that ridiculously hot week in October (remember that?! ... That was lovely) and I was so amazingly excited, having drooled over pictures of her cakes for a good 6 months, to actually get to eat one.

After a wander through Belgravia in the blistering sunshine we rounded a corner and I spotted her pretty pink parlour, my boyfriend said I actually squealed and jumped at the sight of it, ever the cool and collected person that I am I just don't believe him, he must have been delirious from the heat.

Spotted this pretty little bird on a pretty Belgravia door.
So cute!

After spending a good 10 minutes choosing what cakes we were going to go with (I chose a slice of the summer berry cake and the boyfriend got a chocolate cupcake) we sat outside and devoured said cakes in what seemed like a couple of seconds, it was literally the best cake I ever tasted! It was light and fluffy and the flavours were amazing, I do think everyone has to go and have at least one of her cakes in their life time, I personally have very over the top dreams of having one of her beautiful tiered cakes centre stage at my wedding one day... maybe if I start saving now! I've also recently discovered that you can go to the parlour for afternoon tea which I will deff be looking into for my birthday next year!

So go... Eat cake and be merry, I've heard the black forest cupcakes are heavenly!

No comments:

Post a Comment