Wednesday 4 July 2012

The Waffle House St Albans






For those in & around St Albans who like a yummy breakfast/lunch I'd strongly recommend The Waffle House. I've only been there for lunch myself, but the breakfast menu looks AMAZING - think Organic scrambled eggs, free-range back bacon, sautéed field mushrooms and griddled tomatoes, or Free-range back bacon, fried banana and griddled herby plum tomato on a wholemeal waffle, thats a dribble inducing breakfast if ever I heard one!

When I last went with the boyfriend we set ourselves the challenge of devouring both a savory main waffle as well as a sweet dessert waffle - I had Hummous & Avocado wholemeal waffle - Fresh hummous layered with wild rocket, sun-dried tomatoes and organic olives, drizzled with a sweet chilli and balsamic dressing and topped with an avocado fan (It was SO good) followed by a Hot Dutch Apple Waffle - Delicious bramley apples cooked with plump sultanas and mixed spices.

The boyfriend had Ham, Cheese Sauce & Mushroom Waffle - Free-range ham layered with our Lancashire cheddar cheese sauce and button mushrooms sautéed with Tamari followed by a Spiced Fruit Waffle - Mixed dried fruits coated with sweet spices then baked into the waffle with sliced bananas & cinamon sugar.

Hummous & Avocado
Hot Dutch Apple

I would only recommend attempting both if you haven't eaten for a couple of days, it was tough going & I had to give up half way through my Hot Dutch Apple Waffle, the boyfriend however, finished off not only BOTH of his but my left overs as well. His eating abilities never cease to amaze me!

Seriously though... go, its so good, the building is set in an old watermill & has out door seating if summer ever decides to grace Hertfordshire, it's super pretty & near the park so you can go for a nice stroll  to walk it off afterwards!



No comments:

Post a Comment